Name: Fergus, but I’m mainly called Red.
Weight: Small but speedy.
Distinguishing features: Fast, fiery and oh so foxy.
Catchphrase: Eggs? What eggs? Likes: Eggs … Wha-a-a-a-at? I only take the spare ones. Not as if the hens would eat them eh? Dislikes: Eagles (the winged variety).
Favourite film: I love anything by 20th Century Fox … see what I did there?
Favourite music: My personal Top Ten …
10. Adam & The Ants - Never Trust A Man (With Egg On His Face) That's what the voices from outer space tell me ...
8. The Flaming Lips - They Punctured My Yolk A love story about two trainee astronauts torn apart when only one of them gets to go into space. Or something.
7. The Seahorses - Happiness Is Egg-Shaped From a great lost Britpop album that you could probably pick up for a penny on Amazon if you went looking.
6. Tarnation - Little Black Egg A lot more jangly than I remember. Then I discovered... it's actually a cover of an old 60’s hit by a Florida garage band called The Nightcrawlers. Not bad... but I still prefer the Tarnation version.
5. The Human League - Being Boiled One of the earliest entirely electronic records ... get boiled alive by those synths. No idea what the lyrics are about though.
4. Fight Like Apes - Poached Eggs If I understand the metaphors correctly, this song is a bit rude …
2. Giant Sand - Temptation of Egg The shape of a woman ... temptation of an egg? Hhhmmm …
1. Mansun - Egg Shaped Fred Mansun go all 'Coo-Coo-Cachoo' on us, inviting Egg Shaped Fred for tea.
Favourite Book: Fox in Socks by Dr Seuss.
Food: Depends on what comes first … the chicken or the egg.
Describe yourself in three words: Redheaded rascal.