National Slipper Day has been organised to support our wounded service men and women by raising funds for Help for Heroes.
Prince Harry sums up why H4H is so important to those that have been wounded in recent battles.
"So many of our Servicemen and women have made the ultimate sacrifice; so many lives have been lost and so many changed forever by the wounds that they have suffered in the course of their duties. For these selfless people, it is after the guns have fallen silent, the din of battle quietened, that the real fight begins – a fight that may last for the rest of their lives."
HRH PRINCE HARRY, MAY 2012
You can find more information by clicking here to see how this amazing charity supports and inspires our wounded heroes.
Our site is purely about having fun whilst raising funds in order that H4H can continue its much-needed long-term support.
Click through to the other pages to see how you can join in or click on any of the red collection boxes to donate direct to H4H.
National Slipper Day … What will you do?
We’d like to tell you some of our heroes’ stories here. These people are truly inspiring. Let’s be inspired to give something back.
But first, a few words from Bryn Parry OBE, CEO and co-founder of H4H.
“Our mission is to deliver an enduring national network of support for our wounded and their families. We will inspire and enable those who have made sacrifices on our behalf to achieve their full potential.
The money raised is greatly needed to enable us to provide long-term support for those who have suffered life-changing injuries. The war in Afghanistan may be coming to an end but for those whose lives have changed as a result of their service to this country, the battle is only just beginning.”
The full site will have a selection of some of our Heroes’ incredible stories.
We are working on many ideas that anyone can do to participate on the day.
Here are a few. There will be more soon, so please keep checking. Or … mail us your ideas too and we’ll add them to the site.
- Celebrities in slippers - celebrities donate signed photos of themselves in slippers. We’ll auction them on the eBay H4H NSD page.
- Scrunches in slippers – a number of gyms are organising a slipper day for members and non-members. To include (for example) Slipper Samba (or Salsa) classes, the slipper cellulite song and dance, stretches in slippers (pilates classes) etc … we’ll keep you posted on this.
- Sex bombs in slippers - fashion show – sexy models in slippers and not too much else. We’ll post details as soon as they are confirmed.
- Slippers in school - sixth formers in slippers. Scouts in slippers etc. Slipper stories (kids write a story that involves slippers – maybe you were wearing them when you had a great or bad time, maybe they were evidence of something).
- Scones and slippers - could be done anywhere … work, mums’ coffee mornings, and cake shops. People donate a cake for sale and must wear slippers to be allowed in. Pay £1 entry, plus proceeds from cakes and tea/coffee.
- Slipper songs – 2 parts – celebrity supporters are writing songs about slippers for download. You can do this too … write a slipper song and upload to YouTube … by paying a donation on our website you will get a link to the YouTube video.
- Sirs in slippers – we’re talking to a number of Sirs, persuading them that it would be a great idea to have lunch with their friends all in their slippers and raise money from photos and donations.
- Look sassy in your slippers – girls’ night in and sleepover. Simply having fun (food, drink) and games whilst raising money for H4H.
In this section you’ll find forms for publicising your event, sponsorship and gift aid, donations and how to send money to H4H. You’ll also be able to download poster templates for you to personalise and print off. Finally, there will be invitations that you can personalise too.
This page will give information and links to a special H4H eBay auction page. We hope to have many signed photos of celebrities in their slippers for you to bid on.
Click the eBay logo below to visit the auction.
Media contact only: please email media@MonsterSlippers.co.uk
or call +44 (0)1371 877284.
For all other enquiries please email enquiries@NationalSlipperDay.co.uk
This page will link directly through to H4H donation page and will contain links to their JustGiving page.
Click below to donate.